Friday, August 21, 2009

Whew!!!

This summer has gone by sooo fast!!! As we entered into our fifth month of marriage, we faced a lot of new changes and adventures. I took the NASM CPT exam and passed!! I am officially a certifed personal trainer! Woo hoo! I also recieved my CPR/AED certification this month as well. Tim has been such a great encouragement through this whole process- I coudln't have done it without him! I was also "Bar Certified" at Peet's, which means I am officially a Barista!
Today, I had my first interview for a personal training position at Cascade Athletic Club! I am waiting to hear back if I get a second interview- I'll keep you posted! Lastly, I am super excited to be running in this years Nike Hood to Coast relay! It's a week from today! The gala @ Peet's! It's been a blessing to work with such awesome people!
As for Tim, he started back @ Multnomah this week, getting ready for the start of the new school year. The counseling department has been going through some changes, and Tim is excited to see how this will play out with new students and staff. Tim and I have been doing Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred workout and diet plan. Tim is down ten pounds and doing amazing at working out. I couldn't be more proud!!


We have enjoyed spending a lot more time together, as his summer schedule was a little more flexible than during the school year. We used our new fire pit (thanks to Becky and Rian!!) for the first time! Soo fun! We've gone hiking with friends, learning to cook nutritious meals and spending lots of time in the gym!



We also went to our friend Kristin's wedding (well, the end of it actually, since I had to work). It was so fun to see our friends so happy. Tim and I hit the dance floor and had a great time!

Well, thats about it for now. I will keep you posted on the job and Hood to Coast!












No comments:

Post a Comment